Tuesday, July 28, 2009

San Diego Comic Con 2009 - Preview Night Wed.

I remember doing a post about the one day Erik and I attended last year's Comic Con. This year we were able to attend from Preview Night all the way till Sunday afternoon when we were finally burnt out and left before the floor closed.

Our extravaganza began last Wednesday when we headed out to Santee. It took us longer to get out of our apartment than I thought it would be we made it there about 3:30. Then we realized the first trolley wasn't till 5:17. We were hungry so we stopped at a Carl's on the way to Quallcomm. The trolley got crowded by the time we reached the convention center, but that is the benefit of getting on a quallcomm, it's the first stop for the special Red Line so we always had a seat.

Preview Night was a lot more crowded than I thought it would be. We got our passes pretty darn quick and hit the floor. Our first stop was the NcSoft booth so we could get our special ingame code. I still can't believe I've been playing City of Heroes for 5 years. I don't play it as often now. I had been texting Jimmy and he and his girlfriend Aubrey found us at the NcSoft booth. I hadn't seen Jimmy for a couple of years. We met working the Ren Faire and he's growning up before my eyes. He's heading to his mid 20s and I've known him since he was 16. Erik and I also ran into our gaming friends Drew and Eric who we've been playing with for 4 years. After our hellos, Erik and I left them to go walk the floor. It took us 3 hours to walk from one side of the floor to the other. Too much to see and walking at a snail's pace. We visited some booths and I got my picture taken infront of the Stargate. There was a Twilight booth there which every time I saw it I said.. Comic Con Fail. Tomorrow, I'll post about Thursday. I'd type longer tonight, but my eyes are strained, it's hot and I want to go to bed :). I'm uploading photos to my photobucket right now, but I'm too tired to post them here, so I will get to that tomorrow. I have a feeling it will be a lot of pictures. But if you do want to look Comic Con Pictures

4 comments:

Mandi A. said...

sounds like a good first night :o)

is it all gaming stuff, or tv too?

My Geeky Mom World said...

Oh it's tv, movies, comics and Video Games. Most of the panels we attended were tv related because I didn't want to deal with the crowds in Hall H. That is the Hall that Twilight had their panel.

Loretta said...

sounds like a good trip! I saw how crazy it was on the news! I do not do good in large crowds.... it looks fun though. Glad you had a good time

Stratton Family said...

lots of pictures. Jim's cousin was there but looks like it was so craazy you probably never even crossed paths. lol he was there w/ his company zdonk