Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Only Two More Days to the Week.

Wednesday is coming to a close and I realize that my week went by way too fast. I did have most of it off which was really nice but I always feel I don't take enough advantage of my free time.

This weekend was a 4 day weekend at work. It actually started Thursday afternoon. My work decided to take this weekend and remodel my center. I was so tired of the institution white walls and tripping over students. We of course had to pack up a lot of stuff. We had a nice long lunch at the Olive Garden afterward. I decided to order what I used to order all the time. Campelini Pomodoro. It was good, but not as good as I remembered. I made a joke before our lunch meeting that we should stay and have drinks afterward. A couple of my coworkers decided to go for it, but one of them really wanted a Cadillac Margarita from El Torito. The closest one was a 20 minute drive. We ended up going. I had my leftovers sitting on my seat and I ended up having to hit my brakes hard on the way.. spilling half of them on my floorboard. I did my the best I could at cleaning it up before I went into the restaurant, but for some reason it really grossed me out.. So much for my leftovers ;). I had one Margarita and then was talked into eating some Fried Ice Cream. I love El Torito's Fried Ice Cream. I didn't end up eating dinner that night.

It sucked that I didn't eat dinner Thursday night because Friday, I had to go in for bloodwork and I had to Fast. I went from 4pm to 10am the next day. I was so bloody hungry. I spent most of friday playing Little Big Planet on the PS3 since Erik had to work.

Saturday, we thought about going to Disneyland till I looked up blockout days and realized both Saturday and Sunday were blocked to us. Monday wasn't and we had that day off so we decided on Monday. Since Erik usually drives everywhere. I planned our V-day. I drove us to Newport Beach and we played in the surf and walked to Balboa Pier. It was nice. I remembered fishing on that pier with my Dad when I was a little girl. We were tempted to eat at the Ruby's that's on the end but we decided to drive to Huntington Beach. We ended up at the Huntington Beach Beer Company. We'd eaten there once before when we were dating so it was fun. They were pretty crowded, but we got a table in a corner. We were kind of secluded which was nice, but slightly sucked for service. We were both very relaxed so we didn't mind. We had Sweet Potato fries which so good and pizzas. Erik tried out their fresh brewed Red.

Sunday, we made plans to play online with our friends. We haven't been playing City of Heroes as often as we used to. It was a nice relaxing lazy day.

Monday, we started what we thought would be our Half-Marathon training. We're using the couch to 5k plan from coolrunning.com. It's a nice slow build up that I need to strengthen my lungs and legs for more sustained running. We're so dedicated, we did ran in the rain. I also did laundry. Around 3pm, we headed over the Disneyland. Thanks to the rain, It wasn't very crowded. By the time we got there, the rain had stopped too. We got on a bunch of rides the 4 hours we were there. We decided to eat at ESPN zone in downtown. I chose a wrap. The sad thing is I have two fake teeth now. I had my other baby tooth pulled last Wednesday in preparation for my dental implants and I can't really bite into things. So my wrap was like eating a salad with a tortilla.

Tuesday, I spent all day at work unpacking and being annoyed at the "help" we were getting that was causing me to do more work later (like today) because they were listening to me. Oh well, I'll have my center back in ship shape order before too long.

2 comments:

Stratton Family said...

sounds like you guys had a great Valentines... the week went by too fast? most people don't complain about a work week going by too fast... unless you're talking about the part of the week you had off haha!

My Geeky Mom World said...

most of the week I had off so that's why I was complaining about it ;).