Monday, June 1, 2009

Chinese Wedding Banquets

I attended my 3rd Chinese Wedding Banquet on Sunday and I find myself getting more bold with the food. This time I tired Octopus, and actually enjoyed my shark fin soup. My favorite was the shrimp with caramelized walnuts. Walnuts have never been one of my favorites, but these tasted so good. They also had my favorite cake. White with Strawberries. They also had an open bar. A Sunday wedding with an open bar where you have to go to work the next day.. not such a great idea. I functioned perfectly well at work today, but had my usual craving for McDonald's. It's practically the only time I eat McDonald's anymore is after a night of drinking. We ended up being placed at the same table as my husband's bosses boss which made me awkward at first. Erik had agreed to help out and be the MC of the evening. He did really great. Erik and I were also the only two at our table that didn't speak mandarin. They all spoke pretty great english though. I always sort of dread attending an event where the culture is different than I'm used to, but I always end up having a blast and learning a lot.

Tomorrow I've decided I'm going to do a picture post. While taking pictures at the reception last night, I realized I have pictures on there going back to Valentine's Day LOL. I'm just lazy about posting pictures.

No comments: