Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sadness

I got a little sad tonight so I needed to write about why.

One of my old roommates posted some pictures recently and I realized how out of the loop with them I am. I lived with 3 great girls for two years and I had hoped I had made some great lasting friendships, but over the years I hear from them less and less. I try to call them and see if they want to do anything, but most of the time I leave messages and it takes them a long time to get back to me, sometimes weeks. I would be more pestering, but I don't want to sound like I'm hounding them. When I constantly see pictures with the three of them and they're hanging out only a couple of miles from me, I get hurt that they don't even want to call to invite me to join them. I constantly question what's wrong with me as a person. I know I have a lot of different interests than others, and I find myself trying to adapt my interests to others but it doesn't seem to work. It just irks me that people can hurt me so much without evening trying or meaning to. I know a lot of the time I forget to invite people myself when I have some gatherings. But I've only been invited by them to do things only a hand full of times in the last three years. I would love just a hang out game night. I just didn't realize how distant I've have gotten from them until I had seen these pictures roommate had posted. I guess Erik and I just need to have more gatherings. It's just hard because of the apartment. I'm also going to start calling them more and pestering them if I have to :). I'm just not good at it, but I'm going to try.

2 comments:

Stratton Family said...

thats frustrating I know how you feel for the most part. it sucks when you lose friends but I've noticed that most of the time the friends I lose are just headed down a different path than I am. You know? like single friends, friends that don't have kids etc. maybe you don't need to hang out with these friends you might just need to get new friends that have the same interests as you and are on a similar path that you're on.

Jim & I always want to find couple friends but it's hard to find a couple that we both like haha either (most of the time) I don't like the girl/ he doesn't like the guy and so on. oh well.

My Geeky Mom World said...

I never be super close to them ever again, but I don't want to loose complete touch with them either. It just always feels like I'm the one left on the sidelines sometimes instead of being chosen to be included in the game :).