Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Routine of Life

Life right now is pretty routine. It's kind of sad, but I don't mind it so much. What I mind is not having enough time to do all the things I want to and see all the people I want to see.

Currently, I feel like I'm going through family withdrawals. Every year, I feel like I get somewhat distant from my family. I don't want this to happen it just does and I blame the routine of my life. One of my cousins recently moved and is a lot farther from me. I really needed to visit her more often. I'm really bad at calling anyone, it comes from having to be the one responsible for answering the phone at work, and I'm lucky to get a few phone calls a year. Only a small handful of people call me on a weekly basis. Thankfully, there is the internet and mail. Most of the time, I find out about events really short notice or after the fact. I'm trying to be more flexible for the short notice ones, unless, I had something else planned. And lately, I always seem to have stuff planned to do.

Erik and I are essentially homebodies. Some of our favorite nights are cuddling on the couch or having friends and family over for crappy movie nights. I like crappy movie nights because you don't feel bad if you talk over the movie. I wish I lived closer to family so more could visit, but not even my parents come to me very often. I've almost lived in my apartment 2 years and they've been here three times. I need to visit my family more too. I haven't visited many of them and only my parents have visited me in my current apartment. Apartment life does suck :). Erik and I hope to have a house in a year or two, but we don't really know where we want to live either. When the time comes, I guess it will choose us.

So why is my life routine. I work Monday-Friday 7:30-4:30. I get a total of 45 days off a year. 20 paid and 25 holidays. I am trying to mentally prepare myself to take more time off from work, but it is hard for me to take time off because it always seems like the place falls apart when I'm not there. It is nice to feel needed, but I need time away. I'm taking a week off in July, but again most of that week is planned for. Erik and I will be attending the San Diego Comic Con for all 4.5 days. If your around Lorretta, we'd love to visit ;).

I'm just venting a little. I just wish I could be more spontaneous. I'm going to see the Blue Man Group on the 28th. I always wanted to see their Vegas show but never did. I want to get to Vegas to have some fun and visit Brian, Mandi & the girls. I haven't been to Vegas in almost 2 years. I just get sad that more people don't search out our company at times, and I seriously don't have experience inviting myself over to visit others. But I completely understand. One of my closest college friends that I love to see and hang out with lives in Victorville where my parents and best friend do, so when I make time to drive up there, we never seen to connect. She moved into her first house and I have yet to visit it. I just feel inadequate in trying to fit everyone in. I hate loosing touch with people. It would be so much easier if I didn't have to work ;). Who knows how my life will change once I have little ones running it. Yes, I do plan on having kids ;). Crazy to think about a little Ricki and or Erik running around.

For anyone making time to read my ramblings, I love and miss you all.

No comments: