Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Stuff

I need to stop telling Erik to hit the snooze button on our alarm. I don't have time to make my lunch when I sleep in those 9 minutes.

I found out some sad news happened to a friend last night, and I want her to know that she is loved and all her friends are here when she needs us.

Work was work. I highlighted enrollment packets and worked on drop files while answering the phone and dealing with those friendly emails that ask for those "can you do something for me really quick?" I was going to buy Subway for lunch but decided to work during lunch and found a cup a soup in a cup board at work. There went my days half of sodium. I'm also still trying to eat all the easter candy I bought on sale. I still have some in my desk. At 1pm, I had to drive to our location in Rancho for a training meeting on CELDT, which stands for the California English Language Development Test. We need to do a better job of identifying our English language learners. We have a lot of Spanish speakers, but we do not provide any of our curriculum in spanish. They are required to read english to attend our school. To qualify, they take our assessment test and they must pass with a minimum score to be admitted. It was a training we needed so I'm glad they finally held one.

Usually, if there is a meeting or training after lunch, I get to go home early. I got home 3o minutes earlier than usual which was nice. I'm using the time, to catch up on the DVR and blog.
Tonight, Erik and I will go for our Friday walk/run at our local park. We've been making it a routine for the last month. I like walking there so much better than around our block. I so want to make a Trader Joes run. We're running out of meals here.

1 comment:

Stratton Family said...

set your alarm for 10minutes earlier than its set then you can hit the snooze button that's waht I used to be... sometimes you really just need to hit the snooze button because it's a part of how you wake up everyone is different.