Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Already May

It's crazy how this year is just flying by. I can't believe it's already May. I need to blog more just so I can remember what I did. Sometimes the days just blend in together. I feel like if I do a daily recap it will be boring, but I might try getting into the routine. Might being the word there.

Erik and I have gotten into the habit of driving to a local park after work on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. It's nice to have a workout buddy. My feet and ankles still have difficult holding up to jogging, so we mostly have a brisk walk. I'm also doing DDR on my off days for about 20-30 minutes. I'm keeping track of the amount of crap I'm eating. Not as diligent as I could be, but I am being smart about it. I get extremely frustrated that after weeks, my scale keeps fluctuating between the same 2 pounds and I don't go below it. I decided to cut out soda to see if that would make a difference and so far nope. But I'm glad to be doing it. I'm more tired everyday, but I'm drinking a ton more water and having to visit the bathroom because of it ;). I'm going to keep at it and see where I end up. It just would be nice to see some results on the scale besides just how I feel. This weekend I didn't get any major work out in unless you call walking 6.8 miles around Disneyland a workout.

Also, when you go see a comic book movie, don't see it with Comic Book Stobs. I love my friends, but they are snobs when it comes to their comic books. I mean Wolverine wasn't an awesome movie, but I really enjoyed it. Of course, I've always been pretty good at separating movies from the source material. I had to, so many of my favorites used ot get butchered, so now I look on them as a separate story. You can't please everyone.

Sunday was Bats Day in the Fun Park. Originally, I wanted to do the OC Half-Marathon on this day, but then realized Bats Day was scheduled for the exact same day. It's kind of like the Ren Faire. It's a time and place I can get a bunch of my friends that is hard to see normally, so I could not pass it up. I have never had it take an hour to park there before. Erik and I live fairly close to DL. We left our apartment at 11am and didn't park until noon. The parking booths were backed up all the way to Ball road. I didn't take many good pictures, but I'm sure I'll post them on my Facebook eventually.

Tomorrow, I get to go to work, count all the curriculum in the center, then go to a dental cleaning appointment, and finally drive from Fullerton, to Citrus college for a walk through of their theatre for my works graduation ceremony. I'm on the Grad committee. And that's all before I get home from work. I wonder what my life will be like when I finally have kids ;).

4 comments:

Stratton Family said...

I know what you mean about May... it really snuck up on me. We are leaving for our first big trip with Maddie on 21st and it's going to be interesting.

Hope everything is going great for you- good luck w/ the no soda I'm sure you can do it and you wouldn't believe how many calories you end up drinking in a day, it should definitley help u pass those pounds that you cna't seem to get passed.

I try to stick to drinking ONLY water/ unsweetened iced tea if I want some caffeine beacuse tea has caffeine.

Stratton Family said...

don't think its healthy to drink juice... there's just as much sugar if not more than soda.

just don't want you thinking replacing soda w/ juice will make a difference if that's what you ended up doing.

Loretta said...

it has been a fast year, it is almost halfway over!!!

My Geeky Mom World said...

I drank diet which doesn't have the calories but plenty of the artificial crap. Erik and I are trying to become more natural eaters instead of processed foods. It's kind of fun going shopping when we're both looking at the labels and conferring with each other. Makes it easier to ignore the crowds.