Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday

I had a nice weekend working faire. I worked from 10-12:30 both days, but those 2.5 hours of hawking darts really poops me out. There is an art to it. Especially, if you're working the game by your self. Yesterday, I felt like I didn't stop moving from 11:30 - 12:30.. Take the money, give the prize, set the boards.. with 8 boards and darts being a fairly fast game it gets really tiring when people keep wanting to play over and over, but you want them to because you're making commission, so the more players you get to repeat the more money you make. I'm kind of shy about hawking. Even after 8 years, it's hard for me to randomly call on individuals in the street.. I just tend to yell what the game is and when they come up expressing their interest already, then I have no problems talking to them.. Lets just say, I'm not good at cold sales :).

Saturday, we had purchased tickets to see the new Star Trek movie on IMAX. The show ended up being sold out. We got inline early so we had great seats. A group was there from one of the fan sites and had three items of swag to give away. Out of 500 people, Erik won a pretty cool Star Trek hat by answering an easy question... "What kind of whales were in Star Trek 4?" I was throughly impressed by the movie. The actors did an awesome job protraying the characters of old star trek. I would love to see it again, but the movies are so expenisve anymore and I have Termintor I'm waiting on next.

I didn't get to see my Mom on Mother's Day, but I did get to talk to her for a while. Miss you Mom!

I've been enjoying eating all the great stuff I got at Trader Joes on Friday.

Erik is concerned over his car's brakes. We just had to replace the Catalitic Converter and that cost almost $1400, we owe for Car Insurance and now he needs his brakes replaced.. Thankfully, I have an emergency fund.

Also, thanks to networking on my Disneyland group on SparkPeople.com, I might have an opportunity to check out Club 33. It's one of the things at Disneyland, I never thought I'd get to see. I hope it does end up happening.

One last thing, we finally made our room reservations for Comic Con in July. We're going to stay in Santee. We're hoping that Quallcom holds parking for the trolley like it did last year. The Best Western is only 14 miles from it. We got the rooms for $89 a night which is awesome. Most hotels were averaging about $159 and if we had lucked out and gotten something down town.. most were well over $200 a night. So we have 4 nights for under $400. And anything is better than driving down from Fullerton everyday.

No comments: