Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday already...

The weeks are just flying by. I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week. I feel like it was just Halloween. Christmas will be here before we even realize it.

This past weekend we had really bad fires near where I lived and the smoke and ash was swarming our apartment on Saturday. We decided to get out for a little while on Saturday to go see the New James Bond flix "Quantum of Solace." Daniel Criag is definitely my favorite James Bond. He's just so much more physical then any of the other Bonds were. That night Erik and I drove out to North Hollywood for our friend John and his buddy Greg's combined birthday party. We had cake, Rock Band, and a rotating game of Load Questions. We got there about 9pm and left around 2.. I practically played 5 hours of Loaded Questions and mostly with people I didn't know at all. It was a lot of fun.

Surprisingly, I didn't have any kind of hangover on Sunday. I guess I'd stopped drinking soon enough and had enough water. Erik and I were fairly lazy and played City of Heroes and the only productive thing I did was laundry.

It looks like Mick will be moving out over the next 2 months. I will miss having someone else to talk to but it will be nice to have an apartment for just Erik and I again.

I've been having some great news at work lately. Last week, I finally submitted my California 30-day Substitute credential. It's the credential you need to qualify as a substitute teacher. With it at my current job I will get a $2 an hour pay raise and qualify to help out when they have bonus opportunites for certificated staff. And one of those just started this week. I'll be starting next week and for 8 weeks, I'll be getting a pretty nice bonus. The only thing that sucks is I will have to add 5 hours to my work week, but it's an extra $350 a week and I just can't pass that up. My work is also allowing us to cash in any PTO accumulated that is over our mandatory banking about of 120 and we'll get that check before the holidays. Even with Mick moving out, we'll do just fine without the extra rent help.

I've also been getting my workouts in for the Half-marathon. I still do not like running on the crowded streets outside by myself. I wish I had a park close by or Erik had time to run with me, so I've been mostly doing cross training inside.. It won't prepare me as well as just running will, but it's something. I'm thinking of buying a treadmill or an elipitcal with some of the extra funds coming in over the next couple of months. Or an membership to the gym that is just down the street from me. I really enjoyed working out in the gym in the past. Hmmmm.. maybe that's what I'll do.

And a last note, I gave in and picked up the book Twilight last night. I haven't opened it yet because I'm finishing another book, but I know once I do open it, I won't be able to put it down. I'm planning on seeing the movie on Saturday and friends are pushing me to read the book first.. we'll see.

5 comments:

Loretta said...

Congrats on the sub certificate and the pay raise, that is great!
ooh those fires looked awful on the news, glad they were not too close. Most importantly - READ the book first!!!!!!!!
(or at least start it)

Mandi A. said...

if you start the book now, you'll totally finish it by sat. Its an easy read, and addicting :o)

My Geeky Mom World said...

I forgot I have a potluck at a friends that I haven't seen in months on Saturday, so I'll be seeing the movie Friday instead.. about to sit back and open the book heehee.

Stratton Family said...

work news is awesome, nice raise! you're doing better than me on 1/2 marathon training I'm sure its sooo dang hard to get exercise in with the baby.

i am just going to have to worry less about the dogsm orning walks and jog with the jogger stroller. I guess if I get used to jogging w/ the stroller jogging w/o it will be easier when the time does come.

It's WAY to dark by the time Jim gets home to go jogging I hate jogging under the dimly yellow lit street lamps you know?

anyways. sounds like things are going great with you can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving and EAT your chocolate cream pie (you're making it right?)

My Geeky Mom World said...

yep... I'll make the pie heehee... I got the stuff for the meat balls tonight..