Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Being Thirty-Two

I've been 32 for 2.5 days now. Admittedly, I am women who doesn't like to see my number go up. Especially, when I feel like I'm only half a family (since I haven't started having kids yet). The older you are the harder a pregnancy is supposed to be. I'm not in the at risk range yet thankfully. But that age isn't too far away. Erik and I have decided next year. We will finally start trying. Lets hope, I'm like the rest of my family and have no issues with getting or staying pregnant.

On to what's been up with me the past week. Ok I just looked at my blog and my job is now blocking Photobucket... I've very annoyed!!

Friday, I went to work for a day of boredom and meetings. One of the ladies in our Special Education department is working on her Doctorate so we're going to help her with her study. It just makes more work for me and the study is just testing the students on what they feel about themselves. How honest will our students be, I have no idea. Thankfully on meeting days I get off work work. I drive up to Victorville to see my friend Emily in a play at my old Junior College, VVC. I hadn't been on campus since 2004 or seen a show there since 2003. It was where I discovered my love for theatre. It was for the show Harvey about the alcoholic who has a large imaginary rabbit or is he. My friend played the the alcoholic's niece. It's a pretty funny show and I got to see some old friends and acquaintances. My best friend Fred, his girlfriend Judy, and his Mom came with me. Erik stayed home to do some birthday shopping for me and since he didn't get off work till 5:30. He wouldn't have made the show. I had a nice visit with my parents as well, and my mom gave me my birthday gift of cash and a remote control helicopter LOL.

Saturday, I spent the morning and afternoon getting caught up around the apartment and playing video games. Fred and Judy drive down and we head out to Glendale for my birthday party at a friend's apartment. It was a nice casual get together. Lots of cupcakes, snacks, and alcohol. I didn't drink much, but due to all the junk food, I had that whole day. I ended up being nausous. We watch Neil Patrick Harris in Josh Whedon's "Dr. Horrible's Sing Along". The first 2 parts were hysterical but the 3 was ok. We ended up leaving early then I would have liked due to my stomach.

Sunday, was a nice relaxing day at home playing video games. Mick had been gone the weekend in Peoria, so it was nice to have the apartment to our selves. Fred and Judy headed home around noon. We also discovered our roomie and cousin hadn't been cleaning his toliet much if at all. I went in to use it while Erik was in the shower after Mick left and it wws absolutely disgusting. Erik ended up cleaning it and talking to Mick about his bathroom after he picked him up from the airport (it's the one that guests tend to use when they're over).

Last night, we went to see The Dark Knight on IMAX at 10:20pm with Judy (who had to come down to get Freddy's phone because he'd left it at my place on Sunday), Justin, Micah, My hunny buny of course ERik, Peter and peter decided to surprise us all and bring his exgirlfriend who none of us likes without warning us. The show ended up being awesome!! I so want to see it again, but it will probably have to wait till DVD.

I finally have 2 nights off in a row and then Thursday, Erik and I are going to Shakespeare in the park in Palos Verde. We've gone the last 2 summers and its just a lot of fun. Friday, we'll be heading to a day at Comic-Con in San Diego. Erik is actually dressing up for the occasion. We're staying at his friend Baker's house down there and then going to a VIP get together for the Video Game we play on Saturday night. I have a feeling Sunday we will be vegging infront of our computers or TV.

4 comments:

Mandi A. said...

Happy Birthday!
Sounds like a good week, sorry you had to leave your party early...that sucks.

Loretta said...

Hope you have fun at comic-con. It is all the buzz down here. I hope your costumes are not too hot to wear. we have been having some serious hot muggy weather. I could deal with the heat but the humidty is a killer. Anyway, I hope you have a great trip

Stratton Family said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I remember seeing that it was your birthday but I haven't been sending bday cards out this year...I'll def get back on track next year though!

plus I think I had your bday down wrong or not down at all on my bday calendar.

can't say i've ever heard of comic-con hope its fun.

My Geeky Mom World said...

Comic-Con in San Diego is the biggest Comic Book/Pop Culture convention in the country. It's where a lotof movie studios annouce up coming projects. More or less it's the largest gatherings of geeks you can find in one place at one time. Yep, I remember I pointed out you didn't have me listed on your birthday calendar ;).. and No worries on BD cards. I rarely get any ;). I had a fun little party in Glendale. I just wish I had remembered my camera