Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Quick Seattle Update

Erik and I had a blast in Seattle! My nieces are so cute. I haven't figured out how to get the pictures off my new digital, but as soon as I do, they will so be here. We did a lot of site seeing in Downtown Seattle since Benni, lived 10 minutes from it. The weather was beautiful although hot for Seattle. We were hoping to get a reprieve from heat and we brought it with us.

Benni and the twins accompanied us most of the time we were in the city. It was fun maneuvering the big baby stroller everywhere and of course, we couldn't go anywhere without people commenting on the cute identical twin baby girls. Erik thought it would be funny if Benni created little pamphlets she could have on her to hand out to everyone who asked about the twins. They are almost to the giggle stage and are so desperately trying to roll over. They smile up a storm and were fairly none fussy for the many days we were there. Erik and I did a lot of baby sitting and Erik changed his first diaper. He was so cute with his nieces.

We flew in about Wednesday night and drove to his sister's place which was a whole 6 miles from the airport. Thursday, we went to Pike's Place market and I saw them throw fish. The place was huge. We also picked up The City Pass, so we could check out a lot of the museums and the aquarium. We only checked out the market on Thursday though. So many cool shops. Erik and I both love garlic so we bought some whipped garlic and he got some pickled habanero garlic.. they are spicy but good. We picked up so Italian food to take home and cook at this cute Italian deli called De Laurentis. The food was excellent! We even used some of our whipped garlic on the bread and my mouth is watering thinking about it.

Friday, we went to the Science Fiction Museum/Music Experience.. I love Science Fiction and it was a really good display. We headed over to the Pacific Science Center which is more toward kids, but it was still a lot of fun. The bug section was cool. That was the day we went up in the Space Needle as well. The views were breathtaking and it was so clear, I got a great shot of Mount Rainer. Benni was being our tour guide and pointing out all the important areas of Seattle.

Saturday, Benni's husband Joel was off work (he works on the 40th floor of the WaMu building which also house's Seattle's Art Museum which I sadly didn't get to see this trip). He vollunteered to help his friends at this huge art showing in Georgetown called the Artopia, so we stopped and hung out there for a while. Afterwards, we were going to go to the zoo, but ended up back on Alaskan street and had lunch at a Spaghetti Factory and then went to the Aquarium. The seals and sea otters were so cute.

Sunday, Erik and I had made plans to meet some friends we play video games online with (yes we're geeks) at the Pike's Brewery in the Market area. Doug lives in Seattle, and Angela decided to drive up from Olympia to meet us. Erik and I took a cruise of the harbor before we headed up to meet them. Erik was geeky enough to wear a tee shirt from the video game we play City of Heroes. We walked to the restaurants lobby and Doug saw the shirt and started smiling. We hadn't met before. He's a pretty nice guy. Angela was 30 minutes late thanks to Seattle's Gay Pride parade and having difficulties finding parking. She is only 3 months older then me so I was nice meeting another female who plays the game and is my age. We hung out with them for the rest of the afternoon. Doug headed home first and Erik, Angela, and I went for a walk through the Olympic Sculpture garden which had more walking the actually sculptures in it, but it was a beautiful day. We said by to Angela around 6pm and headed back to Benni and Joel's. Benni had called and told us they had gone to a BBQ, but we were pooped so we picked up a frozen pizza and watch Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (I was on a George Carlin kick... he was such an innovator for the comedic world).

We headed up Monday morning and walked into our apartment at 2:30pm. I was so not looking forward to work today and it sucked. I hate missing because no one there can do my job LOL.

Pictures soon to be coming. I took mostly nature shots with lots of pictures of the babies.

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Sounds like you had a great vacation. You got a lot in while you were there. Looking forward to seeing some of the pics.