Monday, August 25, 2008

Nothing too Much

Another week flys by. The olympics are over. I don't pay attention to most of the second week like I do the first. I love watching swimming and gymnastics the most. Two of you know that I gave in and joined Facebook. I'm still working on figuring it out. Now, I've been talked into joining Twitter. So many web pages so little life. I even joined Netflix finally. Just mailed back the first movie we borrowed (The BSG miniseries). We started with just the 1 at a time unlimited and we'll see if we want to upgrade to the 2 at some point.

I still need to send in the RSVP for my cousin's wedding. I'm glad it's on a friday since they choice that weekend. I'm going to San Jose that weekend for special event. I'm taking a nice 4 day from work.

Saturday, I was productive and got a lot of cleaning around the apartment. Sunday, Erik and I went to the Super Secret Bats Day in the Park event. If you don't know what Bats Day in the Park is. It's more or less Goth day at Disneyland. This weekend was the 10 year anniversary for the event. However the official event has been moved to November this year and May next to have it at a less crowded and blistering hot day. Noah (the founder of Bats Day) wanted to have a day there to commemorate the actual anniversary, so he just posted a limited blog about it on MySpace and Twitter and instead of the usual 2000+ show up. Less then 50 people showed. It was pretty funny. Erik and I just wore our Nightmare before Christmas shirts. I'm planning on going all out in November though. I bought this beatiful dress at Comic Con of all places. We had dinner at the Blue Bayou and since we decided to take our left overs, we didn't stay too long after that. I need to start kidnapping more people to come with Erik and I when we go to Disneyland. I love having a season pass. I have developed a bad Disney pin collecting habit though. So far it's only for Nightmare before Christmas ones, but i don't want it to go farther then that LOL.

3 comments:

Mandi A. said...

I have to limit Alison to one pin per visit, or we would have a million. I try to get one with the year on it so she know when we got it :o)

Stratton Family said...

It seems like it wasn't that long ago the last time I saw pictures from Bat day...has it really already been a year?

My Geeky Mom World said...

Yep a year for Bats day.. hmmmmm... there are so many pin options there too... present Ideas.. heehee... It's really interesting to see the crazy outfits some people will put together for Bats Day. I'm not really in the goth society, but I have a lot of friends who are and occasionally, it's fun to play dress up.