Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Olympics.. and where I've been

Erik and I celebrated our Anniversary at Disneyland last Wednesday. We're so sappy cute when we go there. 3 great years together.

The Olympics started Friday with the opening ceremonies. I was visiting my parents and fell asleep watching the march of countries. I've been recording all the olympics that channel 4 is showing. I love my DVR and that we get HD tv channels for free with our cable. The olympics in HD are awesome. I have such respect for what Michael Phelps can do, and that 4X100 relay was just awesome with Leyzak pulling out that comeback.

Saturday, Erik and I joined my best friend Fred his girl friend, mom, and a really old club aquintence that I hadn't seen since 2001, to head up to Big Bear for the annual Ren Faire that they put on. It had moved locations and it was tiny compared to the one I went to 3 years ago. I got to run into a couple of old friends and it's funny how many Southern faire goers were at this tiny Faire. The awesome thing to happen was my Best friend ask his girl friend for her hand in marriage. I don't know when they plan to tie the knot, but knowing them it will be as cheaply as possible.

I spent Sunday just watching the Olympics. Monday-Today more Olympics, but today I had a dentist appointment. I fought sleep in the chair as usual. But they didn't have to adjust any brackets. My friend Ryan really wanted me and Erik to check out a newer club tonight in the OC and I've been turning him down for 5 weeks. There just always seems to be something going on in the middle of the week. Erik is starting school next week, so he's going to go out without me. I'm too tired from the dentist and I have to get up early tomorrow to get blood drawn for my thyroid check before work. I really don't want the morning after drag you can get after going to a club. Some wednesday I will check it out though.

Work as had me swamped as usual, but I will make it through. I thrive on the pressure.

No comments: