Monday, August 4, 2008

Where does time go?

Monday is almost over. It's 10pm and I should be in bed. I get up for work about 6:15am. I usually don't actually make it into bed till 11:30 and then.. I'll actually fall asleep sometime between then or after midnight depending on if I decide to read or watch tv. Weekends just fly by and so do the weeks. Work play Work.. that's how my life feels sometimes. I'm very good at wasting my free time on frivolous things, but those things make me happy. Movies, friends, family, video games, my cat, books, so many things that want my time, and I don't have kids yet. I know my priorities and even my interests will change when I have them, but I wish we had more time now.

Things I learned this week... If you like the Mummy movies, wait till the 3rd one comes to DVD and save your money. Trading Places is even funnier when you make a drinking game out of it. Ackwardness at parties can force some to leave shortly after they arrive, even after a long drive. Playing with someone's kitten makes me want to have another one. Does this happen when you play with other peoples' babies? I know it makes me want to have kids.

I feel like I've been socializing a lot lately, but still not seeing a lot of people.

5 comments:

Loretta said...

I have enjoyed the first 2 Mummy movies. I was wondering about the third. I will have to take your advice and wait for DVD for this 3rd one.
Did you see The Dark Knight? I enjoyed so much more than I thought i would, even though it was soooo long!

Mandi A. said...

you've been talkin about kids a lot lately...just get it over with already! Trust me you'll never be "ready" :O)

My Geeky Mom World said...

I loved The Dark Knight. If you guys didn't notice, I created a Movie Mayhem page to my blog since I love movies so much. I update there occasionally. The Dark Knight is one of my reviews for sure.

Stratton Family said...

I liked Dark Knight too but it was really long and I was paranoid and checked the time about every 20 minutes because it was the first time I left Maddie with someone so I was freaked out and kept thinking what would I do if I came home to a dead baby I could never forgive that person anyways...

I COMPELTELY agree with Mandi you will never be ready. That is actually the main reason we just went for it. We kept saying we want to have more money before hand but you truly can't prepare for it so you might as well just start trying now... ESPECIALLY if you end up having a hard time getting pregnant it could take you years to get pregnant.

My Geeky Mom World said...

The issue right now isn't money really. Ours is space. I don't want to kick out the cousin.. we're going to start next year.. maybe even on New years LOL.. we'll see ;).