Monday, September 22, 2008

Drama, Drama, Drama... Will it Ever End?

As you age, you hope your friends have learned from their decisions and mistakes they made over the years, so that they make more informed and respectful decisions. Sadly, most either repeat or don't seem to think about the decisions they make. Especially, those decisions that effect their relationships whether it's with friends or those they supposedly love and care about.

Life around me has been fairly drama free since my wedding when I had problems with one of my bridesmaids. She showed me where she set her priorities, and sadly my wedding wasn't one of them.  I'm glad she still made it to the wedding even if she didn't stay long.  She and I didn't talk for 6 months after my wedding. I still care about her and talk to her sometimes, but she and I will probably never be really close friends again.  We only see each other occasionally at clubs and talk occasionally through MySpace. That was my last personal drama that I had to deal with, but my friends can't seem to make drama free decisions and I feel like get stuck in the middle.

Why do dating relationships have to be so difficult for some? I have a friend who has the worst luck in dating relationships.  He had a bad break up last year and I just kinda fell on his side.  I don't hold anything against his ex and enjoy seeing her the rare occassions I run into her. I just hope my friend can find some happiness soon because he seems so sad most of the time. My friend's breakup was the drama of the last year, this past week a different drama opened in a different group of friends.

The latest drama is with roommates who have been friends a long time. Erik and I play an online video game called City of Heroes. I have a couple of friends from my junior college days that started playing with us a little over a year ago. They shared a one bedroom apartment. After a year, one of them wanted to move on and felt he couldn't talk to the other about it and only gave him 4 days notice before he moved out.  The apartment was paid up through the end of the month though, however the other friend felt he couldn't stay.  Time will tell, if their friendship is able to recover, but I want to remain both their friends and it sucks being in the middle.

The one item that always shows itself to me when drama comes about is lack of communication. People talk but much of what they say can be nonsense. Much of the time, the talking is the culprit that creates the drama in the first place. All I have to say is talk to your friends, don't pull the rug from under them. They're your friends for a reason.

I had longer explainations on this blog earlier, but shortened them to simplified versons.  People don't need to hear all the gossip.  I just wanted to vent about drama.  I was also having to deal with some work really crap when I was writing this originally, so It affected my first outcome. 

I hope everyone can find their happiness whether they've wanted change or been the victim of someone else's want of change.  Life moves on.

Ok enough venting for one day. Thanks for listening.

6 comments:

Stratton Family said...

I have to ask is Ich and Nach their realy names or fake names? BEcause if they're real names they are def. unusual.

That sucks to hear about the drama how old are they? You know your prefrontal cortex isn't fully developed until the age of 25... (that's the front part of your brain near your forehead i think... and it is what helps you to make decisions)

So maybe they have either damaged that or it just hasn't fully developed haha. jk

anyways. you shouldn't worry too much aboutthe drama. I know they are your friends but its not your problem so don't let it get to you.

My Geeky Mom World said...

I'm trying to to and no Ick and Nach isn't their real names.. I shortened their gaming names actually. Their both 25+.. I always forget how old they are. I've known them since they were 18 and 19 respectfully. I'm staying neutral it just makes things ackward with others.

Unknown said...

I am sorry you're friends have been going through so much that it burdens your mind and heart. I hope your life and your friends' become drama free sooner than later!

My Geeky Mom World said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Geeky Mom World said...

Thanks Arie, I tend to dwell on things that I don't really need to. I know I shouldn't dwell and that side of me has improved a lot, but I care about my friends, but they have to make their own choices.. I'll just be here to help if they ask for it. I'm more or less over the roommate situation.. it is mine to worry about in the first place..

My Geeky Mom World said...

the last sentence in my last comment should have read.. it is "not" mine to worry about in the first place.