Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend ends in Frustration

Friday: I got off work at 3:30 and immediately headed out to Temecula for a surprise dinner for my Aunt's 61st birthday. She'll always be younger then my Dad. We surprised her too. It was fun seeing my cousins and eating at the Ponte vineyard. I'd been there once before with my father-in-law, Pat, and Erik for dinner back before my wedding in 2005. It was nice visiting it again, but I didn't like the shrimp pasta that I got all that much. I wasn't expecting only 4 jumbo shrimp, but the smaller ones and it just didn't have enough flavor for my taste.

I slept at my aunt Debbies hanging out with Mandi, Christina, my Aunt Debbie, and Mandi, and Christina's babies. We all ended up going to be really early for me anyway. A little after 9pm. I called Erik to say good night, and since I got the tv room, I ended up watching Pretty Woman which I hadn't seen in years. Admittedly, I still like it.

Saturday: We headed to Rose's Bridal Hat Shower. The object of the party was that everyone was to wear a hat. I didn't get a chance to go shopping for one like I wanted, so I ended up using my straw hat that I had purchased at the Ren Faire back in 2002. I should have woren my pirate hat. My cousin Christina and I look at Target and we ended up buying these really cute Witches hats. It might come in handy for Halloween or some other function sometime. I accidentally left it in her SUV though. We were at the shower a little longer then expected, but it was nice seeing and hanging out with my cousins, aunts and Loretta. Rose's mom has a pretty nice place.

I drove home that night and Erik and I watched the latest Netflix's movie I receive. The Brother's Grimm. I hadn't seen it and watched it in honor of Heath Ledger. He was fun in it. I will probalby post a review on my Viewing Mayhem page about it.

Sunday, I cleaned up around the house and played video games most of the day. I wasn't the most productive, but it was nice relaxing. I was just finishing up some stuff online when I decided to look at the reviews on my Amazon.com website. I occasionally sell things on the website, and last month, I sold a movie called American Anthem. It played absolutely fine in my VHS player. I even copied it onto a DVD because I wasn't ready to give up the movie entirely. I sold the VHS for about $10. And the guy gave me a 1 review back in August. He NEVER contacted me that he was unhappy about the quality. He did say he got it in a timely manner, but that the quality played bad for him.. I totally would have given him a refund no questions asked. I don't sell a lot and only have a few reviews so one bad one on my record really messes with the percentage, and before him.. I had a 100% rating. Boo to bad communicators Boo!!

4 comments:

Stratton Family said...

haha got to love online buying/selling...maybe he was just in a bad mood and or maybe he screwed up the tape and was hoping for a refund. he can't take back his comment/rating? message the prick haha jk i don't use language like that!

My Geeky Mom World said...

I sent him a message asking him why he never contacted me to let me know that he wasn't satisfied with his purchase before leaving me a bad review. I more or less just trying to get rid of my VHS tapes.. I've only given a few refunds, but I usually don't ask questions.. it's just easier. It's not like I'm selling stuff for hundreds of dollars.

Loretta said...

That sucks about the poor review.
But hey, at least you had a good time on Saturday.
I will see you next month at the wedding.

Stratton Family said...

its odd how all of our weekends ended on a down note for the most part... you got a poor review Sadie is no longer with us :( and I burned my hands....maybe Mandi had a bad drive home to top it all off who knows.