Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Annoying Driver

I want to get in the habit of blogging about the random things that happen more regular instead of just a play by play of my days.

Today, I had a problem with an annoying driver. It happens frequently since I drive 44 miles round trip to and from work.

The annoyance occured when a work trunk two lanes over from me decided to change lanes and cut off the SUV in the lane immediately to my right. The SUV had to tap his brakes and he immediately flashed the work truck with his brights. I'm in the "fast lane" averaging between 75 and 80 mph and keeping a safe but not a huge amount of following distance.. Just as I'm about to pass the SUV, he pulls into my lane causing me to hit my brakes. I must confess that I didn't get off his ass immediately, but the SUV did cause me to lower my speed to 70.. for the next 5 miles at least, the SUV kept pace with the work truck that had cut him off in the first place. The vehicles infront of him continued to pull away and I was stuck. Needless to say, I was having a slight road rage issue over this. We finally get to the 60/57 merge and the SUV doesn't even bother waiting for the break in the line and just changes lanes a few times to get on to the 60. I wasn't about to get stuck behind him again. I had my chance to pass him and I did.. I had to go about 90 to make it into the spot infront of him. I got past him and continued on to work at my usual 75-80mph with no further irritations and I never saw the SUV again.

Driving Pet #something: being cut off and having my following distance taken.

1 comment:

Mandi A. said...

im so glad i dont have a commute anymore!