Thursday, December 18, 2008

Shopping, Shopping and more...

Last Friday,

Erik and I decided to go out to dinner. Since we hadn't been to an Olive Garden in forever, we decide to enjoy some italian. I ordered one of the specials a stuffed chicken marsala, and Erik and braised beef tortalini. We loved both our dishes and each of us enjoyed a glass of red wine. After, dinner our weekend shopping extravaganza began.

The Olive Garden was in the parking lot of the Brea Mall so we decided to walk around. We didn't find much there sadly, but were still tired from just browsing stores. It didn't seem that crowded for a Friday either. Saturday, we were planning on driving out to San Bernardino to meet up with our friend Justin so he could help us get some deals at the Game Stop he worked, so while we were at the Brea Mall we thought.. lets go look in Game Stop so we know what we want.. just as we're walking up to the store, the start closing. Oh well, we'll just have to browse tomorrow.

Saturday, we meet up with Justin and we treat him to lunch at a hole in the wall Mexican place. He doesn't have to be on the clock till 1:30, so we head over around 1pm to start browsing. We're picking up a PS3 for about $300 thanks to Justin. It's also buy two used games get one free. We grab a few PS3 games, and pick out a few Christmas gifts. We still spent around $577 after everything, but still saved $150 on everything. We'd been saving up for this and couldn't pass up the $100 off. Everything is now wrapped and under the tree LOL.

Sunday, we hit up Big Lots, the $.99 store, and Mervyn's (I'm sad they're going out of business, but I couldn't pass up 60% off).. We got a lot of gifts at Mervyn's. I still need to wrapped all of them, but surprising, we've done pretty good this christmas so far. I still have a few more things to buy for people. Need to get something for my sorta bro, a couple more items to add into my White Elephant gifts, and a lot of folks on Erik's side, which we'll do when we head out the Sunday after Christmas.

It's been a pretty boring week otherwise. I'm still working my 10 hour days, so I'm so tired when I get home. Today is my last real day of work and I get 2 weeks off. Tomorrow we just have a meeting. The rain and driving in it sucked and my poor mom got snowed in at her house, and my dad didn't even make it home yesterday.

I'm looking forward to my annual family party this weekend. I don't know if my parent's will be making it. I could have sworn I talked to her about it, but she didn't know it was this Saturday, and my dad is scheduled to work that day. I need to keep them in the loop more. It's hard enough keeping myself in the loop sometimes because I not a phone person ;).

And one last thing. My left hip is hurting and I can't really see a doctor about it till after the holidays. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse. The strange thing is it hurts when I sit or lie down, but not when I'm up and moving around. I'm also trying to get workouts in. I really want to do this half marathan, so I hope my hip doesn't hold me back too much.

3 comments:

Mandi A. said...

I so wish I could just walk the mall and shop! Ive pieced together everyones gifts somehow dragging three kids along :o)

My Geeky Mom World said...

you definitely loose browsing time when you have kids along :).

Loretta said...

Sorry to hear about your hip.
Ugh, 10 hours a day - that makes a long work week.