Monday, June 9, 2008

Crazy weekend

Thursday morning was really the last day I did any really work. At my work, we had graduation that evening and I'm on the committee so I had to attend and then on Friday we had a picnic at a local park. I woke up feeling a little sick in my sinusis. I was like great. I was only just sick the month before and that one last 2 weeks. I can't seem to stay on my health and fitness regime. It feels almost like the exact same illiness too. I so wanted to sleep while at the BBQ, but I did end up having a lot of fun. We played kick ball and my team almost won. Our last inning, I get up to kick. I hadn't been doing to well up to this point. My other times up to bat, I got catch outs. So I'm the first up and I'm not to confident. I go up to the kick the ball and I just kick as hard as I can. I make it to first base and they yell for me to keep going. I end up on 2nd. The next batter kicks it and gets it right between the base I need to go and the base I'm on. I run but it's hopeless. I run too fast and end up loosing my balance sliding past the base I need. I didn't get hurt but it was a hard fall and funny at the same time.

After the picnic, I drive home, pick up Erik and we drive up to Victorville. We plan on seeing Don't Mess with the Zohan that night with Fred and Judy. I'm hoping my friend Emily can make it as well. We end up seeing the 10pm showing and although it is funny, it's a way over the top as usual for a Sandler pic. Some will like it some won't. I'm more toward the like it side.

Saturday, we head over to Fred's for the wake. It was a somber mood and I'm glad we got to be there for a little over an hour before heading back down the hill for Medieval times and Tanya's 30th birthday party. Erik and I were going to stop on the way and get her a gift, but we forgot. We had a great time and Erik really like it. He'd never been there before. After the show, we call up Heath and head over to there place for their House warming BBQ. Got to see some old friends and see some kids that used to be shorter then me that are now a head taller then me. We left and headed home at about 8. I was feeling horrible by this time. And crashed just after 9pm.

Sunday, I just spend the day catching up around the apartment and trying to play my video game. my illness was getting worse though and started to move into my lungs. Today, I thought for sure I would leave work early, but I've been doing ok. Just feels like I have cotton in my lungs, so hopefully this illness won't last 2 weeks like last months and that I don't get sick again for a while. Some years I hardly get sick and others are well, it seems like every month. This is one over those years. My 3rd time this year.

No comments: