Sunday, June 15, 2008

Starting to Calm..

The last two weeks have been mentally draining. They had started great with a visit with my cousin Tanya. Work had been piling up with end of the school year stuff, so I knew I would be stressed from that and boy was I. Then Tuesday June 3rd, my best friend's father dies. It's amazing how quickly things can go from decent and busy to crappy and stressful. And how fast they change. My friend is having to deal with a lot right now. Due to his parents making horrible financial decisions, his mom is going to loose her house. His mom is having eye issues and can't work right now. She's on disability till her eye heals and now she's going to have to move soon. I wish I could help them out, but sadly although Erik and I are doing well financially, we don't really have any extra cash that we can spare right now. Hopefully, something good will come their way.

With regards to work, the next two weeks will be a cake walk. We finally heard this week that my center will not be closing and moving after all. There's a lot of politics in regards to Charter Schools and the superintendent of the district we're chartered through does not like change. Instead of seeing us as there as a partner to help the students, he sees and treats us like competition. They tried to incorporate some wording into an agreement where they would have say and be able to tour our sites. The heads of my company didn't want to set any presidents in any within any of their charters to have the district to have that much control. We are our own company that stands by the states guildlines. So we said no. We were going to give them more money and other stipulations as well, but they want more control and we weren't willing to do that since we are not a district school. We had planned on opening two other centers and moving my center to a different charter. My center is staying open, and the location that would have been the new chino is still going to open and be in the other charter so now there will be another Options for Youth center in my area but in a differnt district. My teachers are worried in regards to student load. I'm not too worried and know we'll be able to keep them at their student load. I just go with the flow. At least my drive will stay the same. So that stress is off my back.

The other thing happening at work was getting the students starting in the summer orientated so they can start the first week of July. I got enough students to fill all the spots, and then Wednesday, I find out the night school I filled up back in March if ending since the new chino is opening. Now, the night school started so that when the new Chino opened those students would just move from our location and start over there. However, the night school teachers without being told to do so, gave their students the option of staying at ours. My boss did not tell them to do this and was also under the impression that those students would be moving to the new location. So now I have about 12 students I didn't account for and that I don't have an appointment for them. I'll get it straightened out eventually. Next week, we audit folders and the week after that I'll be getting paid for 6 days and only working 3. It will be a kosher next couple of weeks for sure.

On friday, I was drug to see the new Hulk movie and was pleasantly surprised. I lilked it. It was a heck of a lot better then the previous one with Eric Bana (although Eric Bana is nice to look at) the story did suck.

3 comments:

Stratton Family said...

haha I read drug to the movie and for some reason thought you were drugged when you went to the movie I dunno why. but maybe you would have even enjoyed it more if you were. I don't really have a desire to see the hulk movie... and have learned goign to movies is impossible now. We just watch the movies in theater illegally online now. :) pretty funny because you can hear the people laughing in the theater and see a head pop up in front of a video camera every once in a while lol.

My Geeky Mom World said...

Erik and I have decided that when we have kids and want to see a movie, we'll drive them up to VV and see a movie, while my mom babysits for a couple of hours heehee. Give her some quality time with her grandbaby.

Loretta said...

Glad to hear that things are starting to calm down for you. I saw "the Happening" and lets just say that it was not happening. Very disappointing - was a waste of money!