Monday, April 7, 2008

Heading into day #9

So tomorrow will be my 9th straight day of doing some sort of Job. My regular day job has been extremely busy for me and I just can't seem to unbury my desk of all the work and everyday the little jobs keep piling up. I really need to make an Office Depot order tomorrow. Today, I find out. I'm having a meeting friday morning and my company is now going to be piloting a new office supply company. They've used Office Depot for at least 8 years. It so easy for me to use. I guess they want to try and save some moneyk, but it just irritates me. I usual order from Office Depot and get my orders the very next day. The Ren Faire started this past weekend, and even though, I'd been fighting the idea of working and especially going back and working for Good Shepard Games, I really missed it and the people. What I do miss is the dirt and how sore my feat and ribs are after walking around and wearing a bodice all day. My lungs really hurt this morning after all the dirt. I still have the cleaning job tomorrow too.

Another thing you many not know is Erik has left again. He found out last Thursday that he would have to fly out to Herndon, VA for another 2 weeks, but this IS is last time, so say his bosses. I really hate it, but at least it gets a little easier. He's not as stressed out this time too and our friend Adam who lives out there is back from his 2 week business trip, so he can keep him company and take him out for Guniess (one of his favorite beers). So I'm alone again. I should be in bed. It's almost 11pm and I get up at 6:20am. I normally sneak these in at work, but not lately.

So good things too look forward to. The big thing is Mandi's baby shower on Saturday. I can't wait to see her, her kids are so cute, and all the rest of my family that will be there. I'm also driving up to Victorville to have dinner with my Best friend Fred and his girl friend. He has finally had some good luck come his way in way of a job. He's been unemployed since January. My friend Alex maybe joining as well. The only thing that sucks is I have to be in Fontana at 8am the next day for that meeting.

I still don't know if my parents will make it to Mandi's baby shower or not. I hope so. They never come visit me. They've been to Laughlin I don't know how many times this year (I lost count), but they can't seem to make time to visit me (they're only child). I drive up to see them a couple times a month if I can.

Another thing that happened this weekend is mine and Mick's attempt to feed Erik's ball python Wrym last night. So Erik forgets to feed him on Friday and we don't get home in time to buy a Rat on Saturday, so that leaves Mick and I to do the dirty work. I never thought I'd ever feed or be involved with the feeding of Wyrm. I went to the pet store with the intent to buy the ugliest white male rat I could find in Wyrm's size. The only one in the eatable size was the cutest hooded female rat. I was line ready to pay for it and for some strange reason I was getting teary eye'd over this Rat (if you don't know, I have had 2 female hooded rats as pets). I was feeling really guilty for some reason. So I get home and we wait for Wyrm to wake up. We attempt to feed him and what does the snake do. Not eat the rat. So Mick puts her back in her little box with the intention to feed her to the snake tonight. Tonight, Mick has had the rat in her box on the patio. He goes out, checks on her, and rinses out the snake's feeding box. Comes back in and handles the snake some to make him more active. About 30 minutes elapses. He goes back out and low and behold, there is a big hole in the rat box and the rat is no where to be seen. She escaped. At least she has a fighting chance now. We've decided that Erik can deal with Wyrm when he gets back. It's been months since Wyrm ate, so Erik thinks he's starting to wind down into old age. I've never been a huge fan of the snake, but he was Erik's pet, so I've somewhat become attached a little. He's more furniture then anything. Enough of my long winded story. I'm just glad I found some time to blog.

2 comments:

Mandi A. said...

There is NO way I could live with a snake...and NO WAY I could feed it either. Gives me goosebumps thinking about it!

My Geeky Mom World said...

I've been around the snake 5 years.. he's pretty boring actually. I'm still skidish around him though. Mick did most of the dirty work thankfully. We think he's on his last legs and I won't regret when he's gone.. I'll have more wall space ;).