Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Somewhat of a Crazy Week.

Last Thursday, I drove up to Victorville to take my best friend and his girl friend out to dinner. We ended up at Chili's where about 45 minutes later our friend Alex and her friend K.C. met up with us. They had to drive down from Lake Arrowhead. Judy and I each had a margarita and Fred of course bought a really expenisve dinner. I chose a salad over the Honey Chipotle chicken strips I really wanted. The evening was fun and the stories we told great, I just wish I didn't have to drive back to Fullerton that night due to having work the next day. I ended up getting home close to midnight. I had been sleep deprived all week so the drive home was not fun.

Friday is a work day full of meetings. I get into work at my usual 7:30. I'm only at my desk about 50 minutes when I have to drive to Fontana for a CC meeting on a new ordering system. My boss lets us know that after the meeting we can have an extended lunch. We just need to be back at that center by 1pm in time for our inservice. I decide that since I still needed to shop for Mandi's baby shower that I would go to Babies R'Us and see what I can find. There is one close that's inside the Toys R Us. They don't have a self help kiosk to get the baby list and the person who watches it is no where to be found so I wander the store. I end up buying Trivial Pursuit 80s and a game called Fact of Crap. No luck getting Mandi's list there. I wander around Target and then end up back at the office at noon. One of my coworker's talks me into going to Sizzler. I got the salad bar, and tired not to over eat. We got back just in time for the meeting. I sit there for the next 2.25 hours listening and trying not to fall asleep heehee. My life is exciting. I get out of work 15 minutes early and head to the cleaning job. I get home a little around 6pm. I ended up stopping by the Babies R' Us by my home and finished shopping for Mandi. Why does that store have to make it so difficult to find things. I've gotten better at it thanks to shopping for so many babies the last 6 months heehee. Sadly, I don't remember how I spent my evening. It was that low key.

Saturday, I woke up early to wrap and pack Mandi's gifts and catch up on a little tv at the same time. I get to my Aunts about 15 minutes before noon. All my family is already there. We hang around chit chat and eat. The kids are always so cute. They played musical chairs. We played a couple of games. A celebrity baby picture and make a picture of Mandi's baby to be using magazines. It ws hard to grab a magazine so I ended up cuting up a picture of Mandi and Brian and pasting them on a baby's body. I'm pulling for a boy but another girl wouldn't be bad either. I was there most of the afternoon. If you want to see pictures, please check out my cousin's website http://www.trkja2stratton.blogspot.com/. I have pictures of my own, but haven't gotten a chance to take them off my camera yet.

Saturday Night, Freddy, Judy, and Alex are all coming over the spend the night before Faire the next day. I wanted to go to my friend's house warming party in Hollywood, but that was just too far of a drive. I was still trying to catch up on sleep. Alex gets to my apartment a little after 10pm. We sit down with Mick and attempt Trivial pursuit 80s. Mick beat us, and poor Alex hardly knew any of it. She's only turning 21 this year heehee. Fred and Judy don't show up till after 11:30. They get there so late we don't even have time to hang really. We end up going to bed. All three of them sleep on the couch ( I love my couch LOL). It's an L shap with a hide-a-bed so one person sleeps on the couch part and the other 2 on the bed. I didn't get to bed till 12:30 and of course I had to get up at 7:30 for another day of Faire.

Sunday, We all wake up and get ready for faire. Fred decides to get into his kilt. If I wait for them, I'll be late so I leave them and head for faire. After filling up and getting on the freeway, I realize I forgot my phone. I felt so disconnected. I get to faire and get my usual shifts. Earth Darts first shift and 3rd Shift Fish. During my first shift, Judy brings me my phone (yay). She saw it sitting on my bed before they left. So I finish my shift and call Alex to see where they are. They tell me they are at Tickle (one of the clothing stores there). It's just around the corner from where I'm at. I get over there and they are no where to be found. I end up running into a couple of older friends and it was nice to see them. They had had a falling out with one of my really good friends (it was bad) so I never see them. I only had a moment to say hello for a few minutes before heading off again in search of my friends. I forgot to mention my first ever money mess up working one of the games. I've worked these games for 7 years and Sunday I must have been frazzled because someone hands me $100 and instead of giving him 4 $20s and $18 for playing the game.. I gave him 5 $20s and paid him $18 to play my game. The game costs $2 dollars to play. I start freaking out. I'm already having a fairly slow shift. I chip in $6 because that is all I have on me. When I get off shift, I still want to find someone to loan me $12 till after I get paid. I run into Fritz (Erik's boss and friend at Faire). I'm all "Fritzy do you have $12 I can borrow and I'll pay you back after I get paid. He has me grab money out of his pouch and there is exactly $12. He says don't worry about. "Your boyfriend works for me for free." I'm all "He's my husband Fritz." I almost reminded him that he was at the wedding. So anyway he saved my bacon. Ok, back to hunting for my friends. So I look in the back of faire and head toward the front again. Now mind you, this is a lot of walking. I also tried calling them a couple of times. I finally catch up to them in the food court area. I'm so hungry at this point. They want to leave site and go someplace air conditioned. I have to be back to work in 1.5 hours. It's a pain to get on and off site, so I decide to stay and eat lunch by myself. I end up at back stage (one of the food booths has an area in the back area where they will feed workers for less so I buy a Chicken Quesadilla for $5.. cheaper then anything in the front, but not as good of course heehee. I end up sitting at a table and chit chatting with a young guy that just happens to work at the clothing booth right behind my game booth. He was nice. His name was Mike. Fred and them show back up about 5 minutes before I have to be back on shift. we decide we're going to Denny's that night. Denny's is a faire tradition. Ate too much there and headed home. I ended up doing at least 20 minutes of DDR since I didn't work out Friday or Saturday.

I'm writing a book. I really need to update more often.

Monday, was a nice laid back day. I had work and it was busy as usual. And then I worked out 45 minutes on DDR and did 20 minutes of strenght exercise. I just chilled that night.

Tuesday was very eventful. The morning was fine and lunch was fine, but about 15 minutes after lunch. Freddy calls to tell me my mom is on the way to the hospital. She thinks she's having a heart attack. He doesn't know anything else then that. So I call my Dad and let him know what I know. Neither of us can get out of what we are doing at that moment in time. I get a call back from Freddy about a hour later. Karin had beaten the ambulence to the hospital, but they won't let her see my mom until she's in a room. They keep her in the hall or ambulence for like 1.5 hours, so it's not too serious at least or they'd be working on her. I finally get up there about 5:30pm. I hang out with my mom in the ER for about 1.5 hours... they only let 2 visitors in at a time. We sneak in 3 occasionally. Me, Karin, and K.C. hang out till about 7pm when Fred and Judy show. We trade places and I take Karin and K.C. out to Del Taco for dinner. Taco Tuesday... Cheapest dinner for 3 I've had in a while. Supposedly they will be moving my mom to a room between 7:30 and 8pm.. We wait for the call that she's been moved to a room, but by the time we get back to the hospital around 8:30, she still is not in a room. I say by to Fred and Judy. They have to head home. My Dad has to head home as well. Mom is insisting that he go to work tomorrow. She is fine. Karin and I go in. Mom insists that I leave and head home since I have to get up early. I hug her by. Karin and KC are staying till she gets situated in a room. I stop by my parents house give my Dad a proper goodbye and pick up a soda. I hit the rode about 8:55. Traffic is beautiful.. I'm not tired and I get to where my job is in 35 minutes (It took me 60 to get up there from work). Then all of a sudden they close the 3 right lanes for construction and I'm in stop and go traffic. I get home just after 10pm.. I'm like I need to work out. I grab my step. Turn on the Biggest Loser and do Step for 30 minutes. I crawl into bed about 12:30 and now it's Wednesday. I have to do my cleaning job today since I wasn't able to do it yesterday. My mom should be heading home in the afternoon. Haven't heard anything yet.

I started writing this blog about 7:45 and now it's almost 10am. Darn my work interrupting my writing. I hope everyone else is having a slended Wednesday!

4 comments:

Stratton Family said...

yay your blog is lookign good i like the layout you chose. you defiantely do write long blogs and i'm a slow reader hahaha. your weeks and weekends seem to be soooooooo packed I don't know how you have energy. even before being pregnant i wouldn't have energy to do all that.

My Geeky Mom World said...

I don't know where I'm finding this energy. I think making an effort to get exercise in is helping in that area a lot. Now if it would only help my waist line more ;)

Mandi A. said...

So what was up with your Mom? Is she OK?

I used to be soooo busy like that, now that Ive slowed down, I don't know how I did it (School, work 50+ hours and a kid) I sure am grateful to be home now!

My Geeky Mom World said...

my mom is doing fine. She checked herself out of the hospital Wednesday about 4:30 against docters orders because her doctor still hadn't made an appearance and she was absolutly miserable in her bed. As of right now it is believed to have been nerve pain radiating from her back.