Monday, March 3, 2008

Heading into Week 2

Saturday, February 23rd, my husband left for Herndon, VA (outside of DC) for an engineering project for his job. He was scheduled to come back Saturday March 1st. A little over a week apart. It would have been the 2nd longest we've been apart including his work trip to Wuxsi, China 2 years ago which also lasted a week.

Then Friday, I'm in a meeting all day in Irwindale for my work and I don't know he's trying to call me. He tries about 2:30 and I'm out of the meeting, but have problems remembering to turn my phone back on volume and I never hear or rarely feel it vibrate (it's not very strong). I have messages from him, Mick and even my Mom on my phone when I finally notice it about 5pm after finishing my cleaning job. They were all really worried because they couldn't get a hold of me and Erik called all of them trying to find me. He did eventually find out from my work about the meeting (he had forgotten about it and I had told him about :)) He had bad news to give me. He wouldn't be coming home till the following Saturday.

Neither of us are used ot being apart this long. I'm glad we have a roommate or I'm really be lonely. I've been trying to pester some of my friends but the day after he left I ended up sick for a week, so I didn't have the energy to keep bugging people. All I wanted to do was sit on the couch and not move when I got home from work. I should have taken a day off from work but I rarely do when I'm sick. I push myself too much. Having my kitty helps to since he sleeps in the bed with me. It's nice to have living creature there since I don't have my husband currently. It feels like he's been gone longer then a little over a week. He's working his butt off for the company out there. He hasn't had a day off and they're working him 12 hour days. It sucks to be salery sometimes.

5 more days and he will be coming home to me. I'll find ways to distract myself till then. My cousin, who is the only one to probably read this is due anytime, so that will help ;).

4 comments:

Stratton Family said...

i wouldn't be able to stand jim traveling like that...the good thing is i don't work, so i would probably try to just go with him however i doubt the company would pay for food and plane tickets for a wife too.

mandi has a blog too, you should add hers to your friends that blog...she's the one who got me started. look on my blog to get hers.

My Geeky Mom World said...

I will be adding her as well ;). Took me a bit just to figure out how to add you :).

Stratton Family said...

hey i think you can make some sort of book too at the end of the year with your blogs and have it printed up which would be pretty cool..like a journal. you'd have ot ask mandi about it i just heard her say something about it on her blog.

Stratton Family said...

oh and just send out an email to all your friends and family about your blog and then they will probably start reading it. if they use the internet.