Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tired Tuesday

I had a great Spring Break from work. I only had to work 2 days last week. I mentioned Wednesday that I had my dentist appointment and I had to do my crappy cleaning job which I'm doing tonight, but I still had a relaxing night or playing on DDR since I had gotten my new foot pad.

Thursday, I woke up and cleaned some of the apartment. I had plans of hanging out with Christina and spending the night at her place that night. I left Fullerton around 2:20pm in the hopes of avoiding most of the traffic. For the most part I did. However, when I passed the 405 on the 101, traffic suddenly slowed to a crawl. I was stuck in accident traffic for another 45 minutes. I finally got to Christina's after 4:30. Jim and her were up in the TV room watching March Madness. I actually got into it. They had their picks so I was of course pulling for the teams my cousin chose. We even went to see Jim play in his basketball league that night. His team won, but it was a close fight. It's was Maddie's first time to her Daddy's basketball game and of course she slept through the whole thing. We ended up back at their house where Christina make us some pasta and we played Clue. I hadn't played that in forever. It was funny how all of us were taking really long notes on everything. Jim ended up blowing the game when he had a card and said he didn't. It was really funny because he had accused someone earlier for doing the same thing and someone had. So we didn't have a winner. I ended up sleeping in the den with a fire on. I was cozy.

I woke up to Jim buying donuts, just what I needed for my diet heehee, but I ended up eating 2 and drinking some OJ which I normally drink Diet soda (I know I'm bad). We sat around watching more March Madness. Christina and I ended up finishing the West Kentucky vs. Drake game. Drake should have won due to their standing, but WKY won by 2 points 101- 99 in Overtime. It was a really good game to watch. I left their place at around 12:20. I decided to take a different route home. I was going to go down the 405-10-60-57. I am never taking that route ever again. I didn't get home till after 3:00pm. I thought with it being early afternoon that traffic wouldn't be as bad through LA. Boy was I wrong. I made it home and had a lazy relaxing Friday night. I got into a book and ended up staying up till 3am. I was due to pick up Erik at the airport around 10am. He texts me at 5am (of course it wakes me up) and tells me he missed his flight due to his alarm clock not going off. I'm not very happy, but he's able to get a flight that gets him in at 3:15. We're due to have a sushi outing with some of our friends that night around 6ish.

Our friends show up and we head off to a whole in the wall sushi place Erik and I had never been to before. I'm not a huge fan of sushi, but it was a cute place. There was 7 of us total. My friend Micah had befriended a girl at work, so I'm not the only girl in the group anymore. It's nice to know another geek girl like myself. So all of us decided on the all you can eat sushi for $25. Erik and I didn't realize that they brought out 5-6 pieces per type you ordered so we started with 4. I didn't be past that 4. I really liked this one roll. It was a California Roll deep friend in Tempura and it was topped with spicey tune. I guess I prefer my fish cooked a little. If we go there again.. I know what to do.. Not order as much sushi and get more of the appettizers like miso soup... hmmmmmm.

Sunday was Easter. We had plans to enjoy the 2nd annual Creepy Cages BBQ our friends put on at Grittith Park in the Old LA Zoo area. Boy was that park crowded. Erik ended up having to illegally park, but everyone was so no tows or tickets. We got to picnic inside one of the cages. I brought Brie Cheese and it was popular. When I get home tonight, I'll try and remember to post a pic of the event. We played frisbee and with velcro balls. We even had an egg hunt. I only found 2 eggs, but Ryan and Erik gave me their eggs and I ended up winning eye shadow of all things.

I'm been at work for 2 days and I already miss the weekend. Faire starts up in a little over a week, and I already miss my weekends. I hope the drama is more low key this year.

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Wow, that reminds me why I do not like LA traffic :)

My Geeky Mom World said...

One reason why I try to avoid it when necessary, but so many of my friends live out that way sadly.