Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tuesday Blues

I don't know why I'm so depressed that my husband is gone an extra week. The first week he was gone I was sick and didn't want to do much of anything. I still have some lingering phlegm, but I should be doing more then I am. I am being productive some what at home. I've been organizing and trying to keep up with the cleaning. Mick isn't the most helper person in the world for keeping the apartment clean. He usually leaves his mess for a few days before I'll touch them and then only after Erik or I have talked to him about it. He'll say "I've got the dishes" and they'll sit there for a few more hours piling up. It would be nice to come home to a clean kitchen but that is asking too much I guess. This is the first time I've really felt like blogging. I have a myspace, but it's annoying to use and I've lost many a blogs I've spent a long time writing, so I gave up there.

Today, after not working out for a week due to this illness. I'm going to. Some of my friends know I started a website program called http://www.sparkpeople.com. It's been really great for me. I've had trouble with excess weight for about 12 years up and down. I was treated for Hyperthyroidism with I was 19 with radioactive iodine. They shrank my thyroid too much. Within 2 months after my treatment, I had gained 20 pounds. I went from 117 to 138 pound. I was eating no where near as much food as I did when I was hyper. I remember the days when I could eat 2 Whoppers for dinner and 2 snicker bars for dessert and still see weight loss. I don't remember the last time I actually ate a Whopper or a regular size sicker bar.

At that time 138 was my weight height and I got down to 130 and maintained that for about 4 years till I got my first real job in 1999 when I was 23. My coworkers would take me out to lunch and I have this habit of trying to eat most of the food on my plate. My grand parents use to make me order off the children's menu till I was about 16 because I would leave so much food behind, so that kind of instilled in me to eat everything on my plate. I know I shouldn't but if there is food in front of me even when I'm full, I will pick at it. In about 2.5 years, I went from 130 to over 170 by 2002. I finally moved out of my parent's house summer of 2002. I was 26. I moved to Fullerton where I got a 2 bedroom apartment with 3 other girls, so i could go to school at CSUF starting Spring of 2003. Slowly, I started to loose weight. I was below 160 before I knew it. My lowest was 151, but I could seem to get below it. For the next 6 years, I would flucuate in the 150s getting close to exceeding 160 but not going over. That is till I got on the scale at my doctor's office October 29th, 2007.

I went in for my annual check up and I weighed 164 lbs. I was like what the heck. I hadn't been that high in years. I immediately decided I would work out more often. (I'd been lazy about fitness honestly). I was doing a lot of cardio, but by middle of December I only got to 161. I was fed up so I didn't do anything during the holidays or the beginning of December.

Middle of January, I was really sick with bronchitis, so I decided to go back to my doctors to check it out. I had also gone to get my blood work done to check my thyroid and according to my doctor I'm slightly high so I may have to adjust my medication. I feel pretty good. I haven't noticed any really symptoms out side of my usual over emotional times. As you can tell, it's very easy for me to side step subjects, so back to my doctor visit. I get on the scale and I'm back up to 164. I resolidify my resolve to get healthy and loose weight. I decided I'm going to count calories and exercise. I honestly either did one or the other previously. January 19th, I go to my friend Ryan's 30th birthday party and my friend Arielle starts telling me about this website sparkpeople.com. She tells me it's about people who want to loose, get healthy or just maintain their weight. I was skeptical at first, but a couple of weeks later (after forgetting the websites name), I email Arie to get the website's info. I checked it out and immediately joined. Now, I had started my exercise and counting dieting at this time.

I did my weigh in and I weighed 160.8. Within a couple of weeks before starting Spark I had started to loose weight again and faster then before. I loved the tool for counting calories and they have a ton of recipes I want to try (haven't yet, still trying to eat all the food I currently have in my apartment). And of course I love that it's free. It sort of reminds me of a myspace for those wanting to loose weight and get healthy. If anyone reading this and wants to join http://www.sparkpeople.com use me as a reference. I earn points. My name on there is RELLAD. It is a great tool if you use it.

I've been involved with Spark now for almost a month. This Thursday it will be a month. At my last weigh in was at 158.6 and that's without working out for the entire week I was sick. I've only been counting my calories. I didn't expect this post to be so long. I don't want to revert to my bad ways and need to talk about it or I may fall off the horse. I want to look good in my clothes again. and not be on the cusp of plus size clothing departments.

2 comments:

Stratton Family said...

well i gained about 45 - 50 pounds being pregnant so I've got a lot of weight to lose myself. I will probably lose 10-15pounds giving birth but that's not much compared to the rest of the fat i gained. I'm not even going to mention what my weight is right now.

I'm sorry you have the Tuesday blues. Maybe a photo of our baby will cheer you up in a couple of days.

I had a breakdown at the thought of Jim not being able to stay with me over night at the hospital tonight so I can't imagine not being with him for 2 weeks or better yet be a military wife and not see him for over a year... I would die. You're like me I need Jim to be happy.

Well, before you know it the week will be over and your baby will be back with you and you'll be sooooo happy.

Keep up the good work with the weight loss, you will feel so good about yourself. I haven't felt good about my body for years now...I'd like to get back to at least get back close to what I was if not to what I was freshman year of college...but I guess I have to remember I was 19 years old then and that makes a big difference.

My Geeky Mom World said...

Erik is a huge part of what makes me happy right now that's for sure. I can't wait to hear what happens today.