Sunday, March 9, 2008

Relaxing Sunday

Erik is finally home after 2 weeks away. I hope he is never gone that long again, but you never know what life can bring ya sometimes.

I'm trying to relax today because I know work is going to be tough these first couple of days with me having to get about 30 students enrolled last minute so we can get a night school started. I really need to get my sub credential so I can qualify for these professional development classes and seminars and make some extra money since my work is paying people who attend, but I have to have that credential to qualify. I need to take a day off from work to get my live scan done and then submit my application and fees.

I wanted to call to see about visiting Christina today too, but I have too much to do around this apartment now that Erik is home. Plus I want to spend time with Erik since he's been gone so long. I'm thinking of taking a day off of work this week and going to bug her instead ;). I really want to see and meet Maddie. I hate being disconnected from my family as much as I am. All my family and most of my friends are at least 20+ minute drive from me. I feel like I have to plan all my hang outs days in advance.

I really hope blogging keeps me in touch more then I am by phone. Since I spend 8 hours a day on and off the phone at work, it is so hard for me to pick it up and call those I want to talk to and keep in touch with. Even with those I consider some of my best friends, I can go months without talking to on the phone, but we've become better and talking through the internet. I love Gmail and the chat feature there. I keep it open all day at work. It's such a simple way to send quick messages to others.

4 comments:

Mandi A. said...

Im glad your man is home...2 weeks is pretty long.
Ill be jealous if you go see Maddie, Ive gotta wait till early April before I get back to Cali.

My Geeky Mom World said...

I'm so glad to.. All you guys having babies makes me want one now, but we're not quite ready. I promised my dentist I'd wait at least a year... she's planning on getting pregnant around the same time as me (she's the one doing my braces). I found out my supervisor's girlfriend is pregnant.. your due in a couple of months and my sister-in-law is due anytime with twin girls. So many babies heehee.

Stratton Family said...

I bet your glad Erik is back! Its so fun all the cousins having babies. Don't worry I'll be having more (lets be thankful for forgetting what it feels like so easily) haha well you don't forget but you do its weird. Maybe you and I will be pregnant at the same time. First me and Mandi then you and me... ooh and Nick and maybe Jessica too CRAZY!! we need to get Rose to make a blog too now haha.

My Geeky Mom World said...

We so do.. LOL and it would be fun to be pregnant at the same time.. then I could be the one to ask you all the questions like you asked Mandi... I'll have lots of moms I can ask heehee.