Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Goodbyes

I'm driving Erik to the airport in a few hours. At least, he's only gone for a little over 5 days.. I pick him back up Early next Saturday morning. I wish I could afford to go with him because I will miss him immensely. He's only been home a week and he's leaving again to go back to the same place.

Otherwise, it's been an eventual week. At work, I've been swamped with student folders and deliveries from UPS. I am having difficulty keeping up with it right now. I'm going to be going in a little early tomorrow to try and do some catch up. Friday, I didn't even get a full day of work in thanks to meetings. I did get to eat at an excellent Italian restaurant at Victoria Gardens called Sisley Itatlian Kitchen. It was on the company since it was a lunch meeting. After the meeting, I drove a coworker who doesn't drive home and went to the cleaning job I'm still unable to quit (I like the money too much). So I get home and wait for Erik. We're going over to Heath and Karen's for dinner.

Heath as usual make a great meal of steak, asparagus, cesar salad, spinach, garlic bread, mac & cheese (Ryan's contribution) and we had Claim jumpers Chocolate Silk pie for dessert. Face it to say, I exceeded my calorie intake. It was good company and good time. I passed out when we watched lil' Bush and South Park, so we headed home.

Saturday, we drove my car up to Victorville to drop off for the bumper repair. Freddy is taking it for me on Monday and driving it down to me next Friday. We did laundry and I introduced my mom to StarDust. Erik washed the cars. Big mistake! He not only called the rain gods but the snow gods. We left about 5pm and it was snowing pretty heavily in the Victor Valley. The biggest snow fall they've had all year. We made it home ok, but it was nice to see it snow.

Ryan met up with us at about 7:30. We headed to Downtown Fullerton for dinner and bars. We had originally planned on attending the Poxy Boggards show, but due to some drama this week. We felt it best not to attend. It's a long story that I choose to not to get into here and doesn't really involve me. We didn't really have any plans on where we were going, but every where seemed to have about an hour wait so we parked it at the Old Spaghetti Factory. We had some drinks and appetizers in the bar while we waited for a table. After dinner, we walked over to Heroes, so I could introduce Ryan to the place. He said he really like the atmosphere. I was a bit of a party pooper and talked everyone into leaving early. I was a little buzzed, but my feet were absolutely killing me. We'd been talking about the movie Equilibrium. Ryan and Talon had introduced me to it a couple of weeks ago and we wanted to show it to Erik. We didn't have a rental card for any place because we always buy, so we hit the local video store Erik and I always talked about getting a card at and rented it. I ended up falling asleep about 15 minutes in LOL. Ryan left about an hour in and Erik stayed up to watch the rest. I definitely want to check out more of downtown eventually. it's a cool little spot.

Today has been a lazy day playing City of Heroes and cleaning the apartment. Gotta go make dinner before I take Erik to the airport.

1 comment:

Mandi A. said...

Mmmmmm Old Spagetti Factory. I haven't been there in forever.