Monday, March 10, 2008

Work Dulldrums

Last Wednesday, my boss told me to get 30 students tested and scheduled for Enrollment Orienation tonight Monday. The assesment test usually takes 1.5 hours per student. I only had Thursday to call and schedule for Friday. We had 130 students on the waiting list to enroll, so I spend most of Thursday calling students off of it. I called I think 60 people. By the end of Thursday, I had 25 officially scheduled for testing, 20 messages waiting for people to call me back, and everyone else was either no answer or no longer interested in enrolling. I love how they plan these things last minute. As of today, I did get 30 student scheduled tonight. 6 still need to do the assesment. Of those 20 messages, only 2 called me back. Normally, I test about 10 students through out the week for enrollment. Getting 30 students enrolled in 3 days noticed is a lot. Not to mention all the work I've been having to put to the side to do this. Once the students have had orientations, I have will have 30 students to input into the computer... I usually takes me 15 minutes to do one folder. I hope they get me some help on this because i'm only one Center Coordinator, while most other locations have 2 doing the same job. I maybe complaining about my job now, but for the most part I do like it. I'm not a fan of last minute large projects. They have communication issues in my company at times.

2 comments:

Stratton Family said...

Wow,at least you got it done. They should pay you more than the other coordinators if you're doing a 2 man job. You should try to ask for more money and say that you're doing the work of 2 people so you deserve it.

My Geeky Mom World said...

The reason I'm only one is I have 5 full time teachers I maintain. If I had a 6th, I would qualify for a parttime CC. The other centers have 7-8 or even more teachers.. They con split the work. I don't have anyone else to share my job with, so I can't ask someone to answer the phones so I can count our inventory. It's hard being the only one, but I do make decent money doing it and got a great raise at my last review because my boss loves me ;) because I'm so flexible with what I do and get it done when I need to. I just hate the last minute, hey you need to get this done now!! Usually they don't come directly from my boss but through her from other people.