Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Computer and other woos

After waking up not able to talk yesterday, I took another day off from work for some much needed rest. I did a lot of sleeping and clearing of my lungs. I haven't been sice for a couple of months, but it alwasy seems to be during the first half of the year I get sick a lot. I average about 3-5 times a year which sucks. I think this is my 3 for this year. At least I'm not my mother. She always has some aliment or virus she's getting over. My last bad infection was in January when I had broncitis. This one I think has been compounded by the dirt at the Ren Faire. I shouldn't have worked on Sunday and taken the entire weekend off. I'm doing much better today, but if I'm not well by Saturday I will not work faire this weekend. Only 2 weekends to go too.

Erik decided to take a half day yesterday so he could rebuild my computer. My graphics card decided to die on me Monday night. He decides he's going to repair the operating system on my current hard drive. He says my files should still be ok. So something happens during the repair and it ends up reinstalling instead writing up my files. I had things on there I'd been collecting and compiling for years. Needless to say I was pissed and he felt horrible over it. We paid $40 for a recovery program and it looks as if we'll be able to save most if not all my important stuff, but it was a trying couple of hours yesterday.

News on the cleaning front. I haven't had a chance to call him or even go over to clean. I'm going today. It looks like I may have found a replacement albeit a short term one. But I had a feeling she wanted some extra cash. I'll be able to give him a shorter quit time heehee. I am procrastinating in calling him, but I will soon.

Other then that stuff, Erik, Mick and I went and saw Iron Man on Monday night and I have to say, I really enjoyed that movie. Robert Downy Jr. did a good job with the role and there were some hysterical moments. If you go see it, make sure to stay till after the credits.

3 comments:

Stratton Family said...

wish one of us knew more about computers so we could do things like rebuild our computer. haha

Mandi A. said...

You probably got sick cuz of taking aday off! That would always happen to me when I was working....as soon as I slowed down, Id get slammed. Just gotta keep busy I guess ;o)

My Geeky Mom World said...

That was what I thought too Mandi. I was fine the entire day I took off and that night before heading off to sleep, I felt it tickling in my nose, and then I pushed myself again too much working on Sunday in the dirt and it caused my lungs to give out on me. I finally see an end to this thing though. And I love that Erik's knows alot about computers, he feels so bad about overwriting my programs. The program we bought, uneraseit seems to have a done a great job. It's just going to take me hours to sort through all my old computer files to sort the good stuff from the junk.