Thursday, May 15, 2008

Why do I have to work...

So these are my last 2 weeks of working 3 jobs. In two weeks, I will finally be down to one job. This will be the first time I'll only have one job. When I graduated high school later then I should have in 1997, I immediately started going to junior college that fall. I spent 2 years just going to school. I got most of my general educatioin classes done those 2 years. I started working for Options for Youth (where I graduated from) July 1999. I cut back on my classes and started working.

I finally graduated from Victor Valley College with 2 AAs in May of 2002. I continued to work at OFY in Victorville, and moved down to Fullerton to move in with a friend and her friends that summer. So for about 6 months, I did only work at OFY, but I was driving from Fullerton to Victorville so I might as well have had 2 jobs. Spring of 2003, I started attending Cal State Fullerton as a Theatre Major. I was only taking 2 classes, but it was something. It was hard to get in my required classes because of my work schedule so I quit and started attending school full time in 2004.

From 2004 to 2005, I was only a student but to poor to do much outside of school. In May of 2005, I started the cleaning job. I was fine with it at first and it was money I needed. I was tired of living off of my student loans completely. I graduated CSUF June of 2006. I didn't know what to do about a job. An opportunity came up at my friend Heaths place of work called MasterDrive. They were looking for a sales associate. I'm like I can do that it's not cold calling or anything like that. That is until I got that job part time with along with a skills clinic position where I was teaching the kids on to drive. They had this sales technique that I just couldn't get into. After a month and a half, I quit the sales side. I was actually enjoying the clinic job. Just didn't like giving up my weekends. I immediately called up Options and inquired about any CC jobs down in the Upland area. A month later, I had a interview for a part-time interim CC position for someone who was on Maternity leave. I got it and started at the end of November. So at this time, I was working at OFY, MasterDrive doing the skill clinics, and the cleaning job.

A month after starting back with OFY, I got the full time position that I'm currently working in Chino. Yay.. Full Time. In february, I quit MasterDrive. This this past tuesday, I finally quit the cleaning job. This weekend is the last weekend of the faire for the year and next year, I will work somewhere else so that I don't feel obligated to be there every weekend. I will be missing a BBQ my cousin Nick and his fiance Rose are throwing :(, and today, I get to work and my cousin Tanya called to invite me to Disneyland. If I had known last night, I could have called out but I was already at work. I couldn't go up to my boss and say hey, can I leave to spend the day at Disneyland. I have plenty of time off. Next time, I'll have my season pass too heehee. Erik and I are buying them the weekend of Memorial weekend with our extra federal "stimulus refund" We got our little announcement that it was coming but it's not in the bank yet. I wish I had more freedom to drop work for the day and just go off and have fun. At least, I won't feel the pressure from the cleaning job after next week. It will be easier for me to take vacation time. I hated taking time away from the cleaning job because work would just pile up. Even at OFY, it happens like that since I'm the only CC in the position at this center. In the summer, I'll be moving to a larger center where there is another CC i'll be sharing with so I won't feel the pressure of work piling up. It will be nice. But I still wish I didn't have to work and could just work on stuff that interests me. At least I enjoy my job. I don't hate it. I do miss theatre though. I won't work in it though.. way too demanding on your time.

No comments: