Monday, May 12, 2008

Time Flys By...

I can't believe next weekend is the last weekend of Faire. Many of the middle weekends just seem to blend together. I will miss the people and my friends that I see and the new one's I've met this year. I only see them when faire comes around.

Next year, I will probably work where Erik does at Tobacco. I want something more low key. I may work garlands. I just want something not so strenuous and tiring. I only work 4.5 hours a day on the weekends, but being on my feet that long, talking and constantly prepping a game is tiring.

This weekend was the best weekend yet for money though. I finally did over $300 on a game. I earned over $50 for 2.25 hours of work. Not too shabby.

I'm buying another of the demo Sky Chairs this year and I only owe $20 on it. We're getting the entire chair with footrest, arm rests and cup holder for $75. We have one from last year, but only one of us gets to sit in it at a time. Now we'll both have a chair.

Saturday we had one of our bigger celebrities visit faire. Last year we had Hugh Heffner and The girld next door film an episode there. I didn't see them because i was too busy working and I really didn't care too, but it is good advertisement for the faire when celebrities visit. A couple of years ago we had Hugh Jackman and his kids, but he ended up leaving early because people would not leave him alone. This year we get party boy himself Tommy Lee with Rapper Ludicris. They were filming something. He was all over faire. I didn't see him till the very end. It was near closing and we were walking to get our stuff and decided to check out ale jam. Ale Jam is the party that takes place at the May Pole Just as the faire is closing. There Tommy was standing on a hay bale. It was still interesting to just see him even though I don't consider myself a fan of him. Sadly, I was more excited to see the guy who play Tuvok on Star Trek Voyager because I've always been a bit of a Trekkie. I see a lot of lower grade actors at Faire and it would be cool to see bigger stars show up but when they do they sure do get mauled. Poor Celebrities can't have any fun :).

Friday, Erik and I attempted one of our movie parties. It's hard to schedule them with faire. My best friend forgot that it was on Friday and thought it was on Saturday. Only our friend Ryan showed, but it was still fun hanging with him.. We watched Top Gun and a movie Ryan brought based on a Terry Prachett novel called Hogfather. It was a fun Fantasy.

I also introduced my cleaning replacement to the house and she's all gung ho for taking it over. Mike has been out of town the last week so I'll talk to him tomorrow about her taking over. I think she's the most compent one I thought of taking it over.

I also really need to call my dentist. One of my brackets on my braces is loose. I couldn't call her last week due to being sick. I'm still coughing stuff up but only because of the stupid faire dirt.

Today, I'm back on work catching up since I sat through a boring meeting on Friday. I'm also going to start working out again after a little over a week hiatus from it. I'm really feeling it when I don't work out. And I can't wait to hear that Mandi had a baby boy :). Any day now!

1 comment:

Stratton Family said...

cool a lot of celebrities this year! it's always fun spotting a celebrity then after you see them you realize they're real people and they aren't as intriguing at least for me that's how it is.