Monday, May 5, 2008

Hmmmmm... Monday

I'm still happy about getting to go where I wanted to go in regards to my job. It won't happen for a couple of months though. It'll be chaos at my current location a little bit while the new charter is trying to get the new Chino center open, and which of our currently enrolled students will be transferring over there or trying to follow the current Chino teachers to their new locations. The San Gabriel Charter wants to get more and more students off of the waiting lists but the problem is when they do open the new Chino center, they probably won't have a full load of teachers to cover all the students that need to go over there from the current Chino center. It's a very confusing, frustrating, and stressful situation. I just hope it goes smoother then it has been.

I have been sick since last Thursday. It's mostly been in my sinuses until yesterday it creeped into my lungs, but that i think is more from irriatation from the Ren Faire then the actual illness. I took Saturday off from the Faire and stayed home. I watched a lot of movies, but I got the kitchen really cleaned. Of course it's a mess again because the guys are really bad about cleaning in there at all. I worked both my usual shifts yesterday, but the dirt and my hawking really compounded my lung irritation. We ended up leaving later then I wanted due to Erik's coworkers at Tabacco being drunk and not able to properly close up the both. The owner went out to his car and took a nap. As he was walking back to the booth about 6:30, he ended up yakking in a trash can. I'm lucky if I have one drink the entire weekend, but some faire workers spend the day perpetually drunk it's ridiculous. We ended up not seeing Ye Olde Man or Iron aka Iron Man yesterday like we planned due to leaving late and me feeling like crap, so we'll see it tonight. I don't know why I like stupid comic book movies but I do. My favorite movies to see at the theatre are always the big budgit fantasy and special effects movies. I'm looking forward to seeing Iron Man, Prince Caspian, The new Indy, The dark Knight, and many many more this season. I could careless about the movie Speed Racer. That one is just too comic book looky to me.

I'll be letting Mike know I'm quitting the cleanning job tomorrow. I haven't found him a replacement and I'm just so tired of the job. I'm anxiously awaiting the day I don't have to remember to go there. I'll miss the dogs though but not their crap :). Only 2 more weekends of Faire as well. It's been an interesting year. I've been seeing and running into a lot of old and current friends. Ran into an Old Junior College Friend Will this past Sunday. He's half the size he was when I knew him. He's looking good. Sadly he informed me that he was divorced. He's only in his mid 20s too. The last time he had been to Faire was when it was still in Devore and I had taken him and that was back in 2001 before I started working the faire. Ray came again, but he wasn't drunk sadly. Still no drunken run in with Ray this year. My friend Lacey came tooo. It was fun to see her.

I got the results from my Thyroid Test and she's lowering my dosage from .2 to .175mg. I'm a little nervous because I've been feeling good and finally losing weight consistently, but we'll see have it goes.

I'm at work as usual. We started our yearly Star Testing so that's all we're doing. I'm hoping to get caught up on a lot of stuff. Gotta get back too it.

Later All.

1 comment:

Stratton Family said...

It's good to hear they are lowering your medication. That has to be good news. As for your cleaning job, you really shouldn't feel obligated to find him a replacement. Giving him time to find a replacement is good enough. And as for you being sick...it seems like you get sick an awful lot, you need that super berry stuff...ummm its like $40/bottle haha. but they sell it diluted in stores now I think. acuite acautee soemthign like that it starts with an "a" and that's all I remember. but it's supposed to be good for you.