Friday, May 2, 2008

A weekly life update...

I've decided, if I don't have an answer by next Wednesday from my 2 friends, I will let Mike know my intentions of quitting the cleaning job. I want to give him at least a months notice if I didn't have anyone to replace me. The condom wrapper situation didn't bother me in a gross out gross out. At least it wasn't the actual condom, that I would have had major issues with. This was like walking into say your parents room and finding one on the floor. He's my parent's age which is why it bugged me. I don't want to think of him getting lucky ;).

Last weekend Erik and I camped out at the Faire site. I found out they are selling camping passes. This is the first year they are selling passes. It's $20 dollars a weekend or $100 for the run of faire. If Erik and I had known sooner, we might have camped more often. Of course, we decide to camp when Chilly Willy is visiting from up North and Phil decides to camp as well. Chilly or course drinks too much and by the time faire is over for the day and it's time to set up camp he is complelely gone. He starts to strip and yells and puts up his tent naked. A naked Chilly is not something anyone wants to see. He almost gets kicked off of faire site. It is definitely a memory I didn't need, but it was still hysterical all the same. Erik and I grill up some sausages and onions which some garlic bread. The rest of the guys are waiting on Pizza, but pilfer our food while they wait. We had plenty. I slept pretty restfully until I got woken up by someone puking in a trashcan behind up somewhere and then tearing into mine and Erik's cooler looking for water. We didn't pack enough water and the water we did take ended up being drunk by most of the others. The persone tearing through our cooler found a water bottle, but it was full of Vodka instead. He wasn't the only one tricked by that bottle that day. I was surprised there was any left. I had a mai ti mix in there that was alcohol free that was half gone the next day. They were desperate. I only had 2 drinks the entire day. We decided we will remember regular drinks and bring less alcohol next time so others can't steal as much ;). Luckily, the place I work at faire provides me with free water and ice to drink.

It was a bloody miserably hot, but it was still a fun weekend. It was the weekend to run into old college friends. I got to congratulate my old college buddies Cable and Hannah on their recent engagement. I didn't get the usual drunken run in with Ray because when I ran into him on Sunday it was before he had had any ale yet. I missed him later too because I caught up with my friend Arie and John and watched the Boggards and then walked around with them where I found my mom the cutest birthday present. I missed running into my old Junior college friend that Kristen and Sonny. I would have loved seeing them.

The week was fairly humdrum besides that until I took my sanity day off yesterday. I so needed it, but now I think I'm coming down sick. Have a small sore throat. I was productive yesterday. I got my blood drawn for my thyroid check, and finally got my live scan done so I can get my sub credential and make more money at work. I did laundry and caught up on hours of TV. I was active and lazy all in the same day. Now I'm at work, avoiding work. When I first walked in my co-worker Andrea is all have you read your email. I don't look at my email when I'm not at work. She's like, "They annouced where everyone is going". To make a long story short, my current location of work is moving and being absorbed by another Charter (still Options for Youth, but technically a different district). I could have chosen to go to the new chino location, but I wanted to keep my current supervisors and administration, plus I make more hours and have potential to make more money in my current charter. This not knowing has been going on for the last 7 months. Today, I found out I'm going to the center I wanted to go. I get to keep my immediate current supervisors. They're also going to that center as well. It will be a bigger center, but I couldn't have gotten better news. It's in Upland. Of course, I'll have to drive the 10 which I'm not a fan of but my commute will be about the same. I really need to update more often so i don't write a book. Only 3 more weekends of Faire and I'll be golden for free time. I'm missing my family. Glad I get to talk to a few of you through here at least.

2 comments:

Stratton Family said...

hope you feel better and don't get a sore throat.

Stratton Family said...

I don't think he needs an entire month, but thats nice of you.